Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wow, summer is a tough time to cook. I had planned on making biscuits to go with last nights dinner and decided it was too darn hot to turn on the oven. Instead I made microwave mashed potatos.

I made a BBQ Stew. Hubby absolutely hates stewed meat, but loves BBQ so I thought I would give it a try. It was a so-so meal, according to him. To make the BBQ Stew I grabbed a pack of frozen beef stew meat that I had in the freezer - my brother gave us half of a beef so we have lots of beef in the freezer - put it in the crock pot and pourd BBQ sauce in with it. I use Sweet Baby Rays, but I am sure which ever one you prefer will work. I put the crock on high and after an hour or so I was able to break up the chunks. Cooked it for another four hours and it really turned out good. Super easy. I was going to make bisquit sandwhiches and ended up putting the mixture over microwave mashed potatos. I really like BBQ sauce on mashed potatos.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment